Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Four month birthday

Tyler turned four months this past Sunday. We got him a jumperoo for his birthday, but haven't yet tried it out. He loves standing up and pushing against things with his feet, so we are anxious to see him in his new toy.

Last Friday he laughed for the first time. Early last week, Rodney went offshore for work so I headed to my parents' house in East Bernard for a few nights. My mom and I were in my room with Tyler and we heard a little laugh! Well, the next day, we heard lots more laughing! I've posted a video so you can hear his little giggle. He continues to find ways to make my heart melt.

He is smiling more and more every day. He's a very energetic little guy, constantly kicking and moving his arms around. His sleeping schedule is getting a little better. The past two nights, Tyler slept thru the entire night! He's also getting into a schedule of taking a morning nap and afternoon nap.

I've got two more weeks before going back to work. While I am looking forward to interaction with adults, I am not looking forward to leaving him with people we don't know. However, we know someone whose kids go to the daycare Tyler is enrolled in and they highly recommended it. So, hopefully all goes well.... Until then, I'm going to enjoy my time with him.

2 comments:

katie said...

so precious, especially the squeal at the end!!!

The Lenz Family said...

Happy Birthday, Tyler!! Can't wait to meet you! He's too cute and what a great laugh!