Monday, December 29, 2008

Hlavinka Christmas

Every year we celebrate Christmas with my mom's side of the family the first Saturday in December. This year, we celebrated in Huntsville. Tyler did wonderful in the car both ways - it worked out well that those were his two naps for the day... Rodney & I enjoyed introducing him to members of the family that he hadn't yet met. We had a good time playing the White Elephant game as always.

The next day, I took off to Scottsdale, Arizona for 3 nights. It was my first time being away from Tyler for longer than 1 night. Rodney did a wonderful job playing 'Mr. Mom'. Tyler did great too - I would call and Rodney would put me on speaker phone and Rodney could tell Tyler was excited to hear my voice. We had training until around 6 each day and then things to do at night so it went surprisingly well for me too! I missed him tremondously but it was a nice break to go to sleep knowing I would be able to sleep the entire night through. Plus, it was fun hanging out with my co-workers.

My flight was due around 6:00 pm that Wednesday, but we were delayed around 2 hours. When I finally arrived in Houston around 8:00, I had to drive home IN THE SNOW! Who would've thought it would snow in Houston at the beginning of December. I passed some cars with a couple of inches of snow on them and noticed the grass around the airport wasn't green, it was white!! Anyway, Tyler was sleeping so I had to wait until the next morning to hold him. Boy, I've never seen him wake up that fast! Usually he peeks his eyes open and then closes them, rolls around, sucks his thumb, peeks out again and stretches for a little bit before he's actually 'awake'. But not this time - he saw me and was wide awake! It was so sweet!! It was great to be back home with my two boys!
Family picture
Tyler, Grandma, & Great Aunt Izzy
Trying to touch the tree...

No comments: