Monday, December 29, 2008

Overall update

Tyler turned 7 months on Dec. 7. He is very active and constantly on the move. He's discovered his daddy's electronics and speakers in the living room and is determined to try to taste them. For now, we've baby proofed them and just tell him no when he's around there. At this point, Tyler has no idea what 'no' means, but I imagine he'll figure it out soon enough... He doesn't technically "crawl", but can get where he wants to go. It's so fun to watch - he sees something, wants it, and then scoots or rolls to get to it. Some people call it crawling, but I don't know. He does get up on all fours and rocks a little, so I imagine it won't be long and he'll be off!

He now eats two meals a day - lunch & dinner. He's still eating baby food and is loving it. There has only been one food that he didn't like - carrots! But we tried them a week later and now he enjoys them. He's also a thumbsucker, and likes to enjoy his thumb in between bites. It can test your patience sometimes, but oh well.

He still does not have a set schedule but we're working on that. I would say he has a routine - everything just doesn't happen at the same time each day. He's a very laid back baby though, so it works out okay.

No teeth yet either. Rodney and I both got our first tooth around 5 months, so we thought maybe he would do the same. But here we are at 7 1/2 months and nothing yet. I don't mind though... He does seem to be getting close - there have been a few times when he's cried that it appeared to be out of pain in his gums. I put a little orajel on his gums and he calmed down, so either that's what it was or he just liked the taste.

I haven't weighed him in a while, so I'll have to post that later (he's napping now). He's still going to daycare 3 days a week and it's working out well. I treasure my two days home with him, but am happy to be back working and around adults...

He's truly a happy and sweet sweet baby (I'm not biased at all, am I?)! Rodney and I are very blessed to have Tyler in our lives. Both of our families have been extremely supportive and helpful. Rodney and I cannot thank all of you enough for all that you have done for us. We are very lucky to have such wonderful families!

No comments: